Friday, April 11, 2008

English people suck at basketball

So it's been a few days. Sorry about that. Much has happened.

Most notable: English people are really really terribly bad at basketball. We've seen several pickup games in different cities, and invariably the ball never makes it through the hoop. They look like players, but they're not. It's really funny to watch them. I wish I could have made a YouTube video.

We've been meeting with tons of different people and having screenings. We had a screening at the London Metropolitan University a few days ago, which went really well. There were about 35 people there, awesome. A few professors were there, one of whom was not excited about IC. We were warned about her before, and she lived up to the hype. She wanted to know why we weren't addressing the roots of the problem with our projects. I told here I believed we were, providing education and jobs and trying to end the war. She said she thought the effects of colonialism were the source of the problem. I wanted to say, "Well it wasn't my country who colonized Uganda." I didn't get to say that. Lots of people said they were sorry about her after the screening.

We went to Wicked last night. Without exaggeration, it was the most amazing experience of my entire life, my entire life. You have to see it, but it's going to be just not quite as good if you don't see it on the West End. I'm a snob. The Wicked Witch was crazy awesome. She made everyone else look like they were in high school one act play. After it ended, I felt like a junkie coming down off of a high. I needed another fix.

Margie, my boss, and Brody, our legal council, came to visit this week. We had a great time. I met with the third largest legal firm in the world, not all of them, only seven. They really liked me.

A couple of days ago we were talking around Covent Garden walking by some church, and there was a drunk homeless dude playing Wonderwall on his guitar. It was so bad, but so so funny. Jessica and I looked at each other and just started to laugh because it was just so cliche.

Today we walked around the Waterloo area and found a great Turkish restaurant. It was so great. I think I'm really starting to love this city. I might be back for the second half of the summer, assuming everything works out. It would be great. There's so much work to do.

We leave on Monday for Dublin and will be traveling for the rest of our time here. I'll try my hardest to update sooner next time. Miss you, BRICE.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Are you back? Are you back? Are you back? Are you back? Are you back?